The YEAR 2008 is FINALLY coming to a close and we all know that a lot of wonderful and not so wonderful things have happened all around us, near and far, online and out and also right within our midst.
But this year I wanted to end the year with a ball and of course welcome the new year with a blast.
I also would want to dream again and to see a YAP Family that is having fun and at the same time helping out one another by sharing their knowledge, their expertise and know-how with people who have urgent questions or concerns that needs to be answered. And of course being a good representative for all Filipinos worldwide especially for those outside their home country.
And what better way to have a ball, than to acknowledge the Best of the Best in YAP and to have fun than to put up THE FIRST ANNUAL YAPPIE AWARDS…
You might ask what is a YAPPIE, well similar to a YUPPIE, a YAPPIE is… well it’s just a term I came up with to refer to YAPPERs.
Well so okay, let us just be sure with the criteria for a YAPPER:
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A YAPPER
1. Must be male or female.
2. Must be old enough or mature enough to understand these requirements.
3. Must have posted at least one question or gave one answer to Yahoo Answers Philippines (YAP) in the last 12 months or so.
And so now that everyone is clear on this, we shall open the nominations for the YAPPIE AWARDS of 2008.
Up for Nominations would be the:
1. The Most Prolific YAPPER of 2008 For Posting of YAP Questions
This award is given to the YAPPER who have the most questions posted for the year 2008.
2. The Most Prolific YAPPER of 2008 For Answering of YAP Questions
This award is given to the YAPPER who have given the most number of answers for the same period.
3. The Most Popular YAPPER of 2008
This award is given to the YAPPER with the most number of fans, the most number of stars, the most number of thumbs-up or just the most well known YAPPER for the whole year.
4. The Most Thought-Provoking YAPPER of 2008
This award is given the YAPPER with the most stimulating YAP questions posted as well as the most provocative answers given in the year 2008.
5. The Funniest YAPPER of 2008
This award is given the YAPPER with the most hilarious and entertaining YAP questions posted as well as the most side-splitting, knee-slapping and riotous answers and comments given in the year 2008—clean fun that is.
6. The Male “Crush Ng Bayan” YAPPER of 2008
This award is given to the Male YAPPER who has the most number of female fans during the year 2008.
7. The Female “Crush Ng Bayan” YAPPER of 2008
This award is given to the Female YAPPER who has the most number of male fans for the same period.
8. The YAP Couple of the Year 2008
This award is given to the one male and one female who has been the most publicly romantic YAP couple during the last 12 months.
9. The YAP Newcomer of the Year
This award is given to a YAP newcomer during the year 2008 and who has become a great contributor to YAP for the past 12 months.
10. The YAP Oldtimer of the Year
This award is given to the earliest YAPPER who is still YAPPING during the year 2008.
11. The Most Missed YAPPER of the Year.
This award is given to the YAPPER who has been previously YAPPING but has not done so in 2008.
12. The Most Well-Loved Non-Filipino YAPPER of the Year.
This award is given to the most well-loved Foreign YAPPER of 2008—can be someone who was born outside of the Philippines or someone born in the Philippines of Non-Filipino parents.
13. The Best YAMMER to Inhabit YAP for the Year 2008
This award is given to the most well-loved YAMMER who have invaded the pages of YAP for the last 12 months.
14. The Best YAP Troll of 2008
This award is given to the most well-loved YAP Troll of the year.
15. Other Awards Are Still Open To Suggestions.
All YAPPERs are allowed to nominate and cast their vote for any or all of the 14 YAPPIE Awards up for grabs For The Year 2008.
All YAPPERs are allowed to open up a 2008 YAPPIE Award and put forth their nominee for it.